You’ve probably heard me (sorry) talk about Simplicity with Enablement with respect to Mobile Services before. One thing we strive for in the team is simplicity at every level, and this includes our HTTP API (the client SDKs are basically thin conveniences over this HTTP API). To explain the HTTP API best, I thought I’d put together a short video (18 mins).
UPDATE: You can access and download high quality versions of the embedded video above here: http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Overview-of-the-Mobile-Services-HTTP-API.
In the video, you’ll learn how to:
- Create your own client for Mobile Services (if you want to :))
- Consume a Mobile Service from another backend server using the Master key
- Create 'virtual tables' that short-circuit the database altogether
- Understand how the Mobile Services HTTP API works, including authentication
- Learn more about the application key
I hope you find it useful.
05 Mar 2013
» Next Post:
Building your app version defense strategy – Part I
« Previous Post:
Periodic Notifications with Windows Azure Mobile Services
Comments are closed for this post.
05 Mar 2013
Could you provide a download link for the video?
Im getting awful streaming quality.
09 Mar 2013
Great demo Mr T!
19 Mar 2013
A GREAT way to understand what is going on under the covers and how to leverage this in powerful ways!